Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christian Religion

christian religion course
The study of Master of Religion was done in connection with Comparative Religion I to enhance my knowledge of the subjects. I found the first section of the course to be extremely enlightening. The listing of titles was an interruption that could have come later in the course to not break the tone of the instruction but was a good addition to the course. I did learn from all of the lessons. Many of the chapters gave a brief taste of information that made you want to find out more which is good and forces one to continue study while building on each lesson. I hope there will be further courses with more in-depth study of some of the topics covered. I used each chapter to branched out and do research to add to my knowledge of the subjects.

I did wonder about a paragraph in Lesson 19 'Denominations' that states 'Many people seem to believe that they have received God's order to become Priest and to start their own church. Many of them probably have not sufficient qualifications to do so, other than being able to quote Bible parts quite fluently.' Is that not why many of the seminary students are taking this and other courses? Some have had this 'feeling' of being called from what I have read in the forum. Or did I misinterpret the statement and the author was stating they do so with no background or training whatsoever?

Lessons 14 on Counseling was very good. It gave good information and background. The paragraph on the importance of Christian Counseling was excellent. I agree a good church and strong community will create a better society. We need to reinforce that as much as possible. Granted church members are only human but as a group with proper shepherd guidance they can make a difference. I do believe that major educational background is required to go into the field but knowledge of your fellow man and a Bible connection is an excellent start.

The chapters on history were very enlightening and enjoyable. Mr. Schwab's perspective was a good interlude while studying this section of the lessons.

The Master of Religion Course was an excellent start of my studies. It was well put together and covered the important and basic lessons needed to move forward. I am gaining knowledge that will assist me in leading discussion groups and services. I hope to be able to continue to learn as I study more of the offered courses and put them together to work with and for others. 

Rev. Sharon J. Mayer

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: