Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Course In Miracles

Course: EVERY DAY MIRACLES

I gained much important knowledge through this course. And for that I am truly grateful, as it assisted me along my path and miracle-ready consciousness, as well as greatly assisting me in being of service to others. I am honored and express my gratitude. Thank You.



I must add that I found all the lessons to be informative, well written and thought provoking. Living in the Now, with more awareness of my thoughts, has truly resulted in every day miracles in my life. It's great!



The only response as to what caused me to question is as follows:



In several areas of this course there seemed to be a position that the ego is "separate" and able to think and act on its own accord.



I understand that we are really spiritual beings having a human experience. Therefore, didn't God allow this existence in physicality to manifest so that we, "Son's of God" could evolve and be one of the many forms of God's expression?


In the belief that literally everything is a part of God instead of apart from God, then that would include the ego as well as duality. To me, we are the thought of God; resulting in the powerful manifestation of God; we are here on earth in human form so that God can experience itself through us. I believe humans are here to evolve through experiences and life lessons.


I am not stating that I believe that God is a judging God, in fact that is contrary to what I am saying. Although how can God be whole without realizing duality? God had to understand duality in order to create it. Light and dark, good and bad, sickness and health, love and hate, without these perceptual states, there is no growth and evolution.



If we treat the ego as if it is something separate from us, yet living inside, and we resist acknowledging, embracing and learning from our darkness, it will back door us. Only when we understand our ego and our own darkness, and the dualities that exist, can we look at things realistically and choose differently.



Therefore all things that we acknowledge as likes and dislikes in this life are ego driven, yes even the 'likes'. Only when we can practice non-attachment to what we like as well as dislike can we ever see the truth, because then we are not placing any judgment.



Another thing that caused me to pause was in lesson three where it is written: "The world you see is an illusion of a world, God did not create it, for what He creates must be eternal"....



So, if everything is made of energy and energy can never be created or destroyed, then isn't this world of God's perfection and eternal as well? I understand the cycle of life and death, but that isn't what is happening on the energetic level. As we die, as planets and stars die, the energy still exists in another form. Shifting to a different perspective and possibly manifesting in a different dimension.


Overall, this course taught me much about the ego and the different levels of consciousness and how to work with them for the most positive outcome and manifesting Every Day Miracles in my life. I look forward to taking more courses with ULC.

Rev. Cynthia Lee Harris

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: