Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Master of Religion



Master of Religion
Overview of Class


This course was a very interesting and demanding course.  The reason being is it caught my attention and I couldn't wait for more information concerning each topic.  The first topic that I was intrigue by was religion.  Religion can be determine and use in so many ways.   Some churches get caught up in customs, rules, and traditions.  I don't think God attended for us to live this way.  I know it is all about him.  But how can we make it all about God?  I believe in your lesson it stated: study God's word and apply it to your life.  I think that is a excellent idea.  Sometimes we think if we just read it we got it… But you must study….and apply what you have learned to your life..

Second course Christianity and abortion.  Why is Christianity so important?  Are we really learning about God?  Do we study about God?  Are we really Christian?  Being a Christian is very important to me.  Why? Because that is who I am and what I stand for.   I'm seeking God, searching for him and learning about him. Do I seek him enough… no because I'm so busy with everyday life with job, career, family, and children, and church?  Do I devote my time with him (Jesus Christ) yes, in the early morning to pray, mediate and study.  Also during my quiet time…  But I must put God first in everything I do .     Its all about him and my relationship with God.

The third course is the final course about government.  Yes, we are taught to obey the law of the land.  This right in the sight of God and for Christian its good for us.   Sometimes we see and hear things about our government we are not so proud of.  But as you stated we must pray for our leaders, government, law enforcement, political leaders, and president.  The president is the leader so must pray for him mightily.  He has a great calling on his life.  We must pray that God put Godly and spiritual people in their lives so they will make right choices.  

In closing this course is great and I learned several different things.  I look forward in taking more courses. 


**********************

Ordination with the Free Online Ordination button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: