Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Religious Philosophy

Master of Religious Philosophy

It truly has been a wonderful experience to take this course. I have always found Philosophy interesting in all aspects of the word, but this course is different in several ways. One being, that it is dedicated to the religions and personal beliefs of our planet past, present, and to some degree the future.

I know I'm a lot more informed now than I was, even though I have studied many different religions both secular and non secular in respects before. One of the more interesting though was the Hare Krishna's. Back in the early 1980's I actually joined the priesthood of a temple in San Diego, California and became known as a Bakta in the Hindu faith. Just so I could try and understand who these people were and what they believed. It was an experience that has aided me many times in my life to deal with individuals from India that were Hindu. It's strange to them to see how much I know about their religion and it becomes a common starting point of respect between us.

This course is much like that experience in my life, it has opened my eyes and my heart to other types of briefs that not many people are willing to try to understand. Granted it is only a beginning point of study, but it has tripped my intuitive side and I am sure I will not stop with just this course. No matter what, it is a great course to start with, when trying to understand what faith is and what others hold true to their knowledge and hearts. The fact is that this course takes you to the beginning of mankind and speaks about the archeological findings that support the prehistoric cultures and their beliefs. And then takes you to a discussion of what the future of religion will look like, if it survives humanity.

I hope whoever reads this, will take seriously the intention behind it, it is my pleasure to be able to help you to decide to take this wonderful course. It will offer you an insight on the world and peoples in your neighborhood and give you the opportunities to break through barriers that have stood the test of time. So don't hesitate to sign up today for this course. It is a rare opportunity that you have today to learn something new, different, and exciting.

Rev.Fr. Andrew R. M. Manley

********************

The Universal Life Church, is free place to become ordained,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button to get started today.

The ULC Seminary was created to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. The  Universal Life Church has grown over the years and its Seminary has added the continual growth of the church.

No comments: