Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Master of Religion


Master of Religion Week 20 Final Essay

          First I would like to apologize for this being so late; Week 20 was assigned on December 19th 2007. I had a number of things on my plate, alas I at least figured that better late than not at all.
          This is the first course I have taken and I plan on taking the rest of the courses offered to gain the title of Chaplain.

          I am going to review things that have stood out to me.
          This course was a great review, that reminded me of a few things, also I like the fact that the author has stated that they believe that god has not stopped talking to us, I agree. And it was refreshing as most I talk to seem to think otherwise, which in my opinion is a shame.
          The course also gave a good overview of the old and new testaments in my opinion; there was a lot of useful info on historical facts, which I enjoyed. It also went over the differences between the Jews and Christians, it is too bad that we are all not on the same page on beliefs as there is one savior and we both should be focusing on that. It is also a shame that throughout history that books were deleted and edited, the bible to me should have been left as god had written it.
          Bible study is only good for a person if they keep at it, no one will ever have all of the knowledge that the bible presents, and only god has that. You may forget a lot of things if you don’t keep up with your studies.
          Today we still have priesthood duties and responsibilities; we are all tasked with spreading the good word of the gospel and try to bring as many people to know Christ, through kind acts and our words.

          I believe that titles are ok but what is really important is the effective use of the knowledge we gain in our studies. Through knowledge we can better help mankind and our service to our lord. 

          The one thing about the communion issue I have is that the author said that less than 14 years old should not have communion. I believe this to be wrong; if an 8 year old can be baptized then he/she should be taking communion.

          On the issue of tithing I believe that one should tithe 10% of their income. But to those who don’t have a job should be exempt.

          Marriage goes without saying that it is a commitment between you, your spouse and god, that you will be with that person for the rest of your life. Divorce is too common place in today’s society.
          Over all the course was put together well but I believe that the course was geared for a new starting minister than one that has been at it for a while. If I was to grade the course I would give it a B+ on content, for a masters course I would like to see something just I little bit more in depth.

Rev. Leonard Roy Cooper Jr. D.D.

*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training
 
As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: