Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spirituality Course


Master of Spirituality
Final Essay
by
Mary McGar
This was an enjoyable, informative and thought provoking course.  The idea that magic still exists in the form of scientific miracles and that the difference is related to the minds and efforts of many people versus the mind and work of an individual was an eye-opener to me.  This course explained the method in which psychic  ability and/or healing are possible by using one's mind to work with the universal energy.  As a Reiki Master I constantly interact with the universal energy as, mainly, a channel but just never thought of the healing results as another form of magic.  While I ask the Goddess/God for assistance in utilizing the energy before beginning a Reiki session I now realize that the Superior Life Force might be both the Godhead and the energy with which I work. 

I found the information regarding the unconscious realm to be a collaborative of all unconscious minds quite fascinating.  I also enjoyed the lesson concerning reasoning, logic and intuition.  Intuition has always played a large role in my life and, sometimes, is more accurate than my reasoning and logic even when it seems that the intuition is unlikely to be true.

Having a brief refresher course on many great thinkers, especially Aristotle and Plato, led me to understand the difference in their philosophies and how those different ways of looking at things determine whether someone is a more spiritual-minded person or a more scientific-minded person.  It was helpful to review as many philosophers as the course discussed and what effects their philosophies had and still have on everyone's thinking.

I spent much of my life knowing that my religious reality was not right for me but not being able to admit that, even to myself at times.  During the past few years I have been able find some of what is true for me and am far more at peace with myself and the world and happier.  This course enabled me to know more of the reasons for this where, before, I thought the change was solely from being honest with myself.  Another cause of my happiness has been an increase in my social life.  Realizing how much this face-to-face interaction with others in various organizations and activities has benefited me I better understand the importance of encouraging that in others as this course recommended. 

When I complete the Chaplaincy program I am looking forward to being there for those most in need of someone to listen to them and connect with them on a personal level.  This course was very helpful in presenting ideas as to how I can best do that.

*******************************
The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.
As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: