Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Miracle of Prayer

 At the start, the 1st discourse I thought, this is going to be long and a real drag. You see I thought I knew what I needed to know regarding the bible. I soon found out that after a few of the exercises really got me on a new life with God. We must have love, we must give love and care for our people that we share this earth with. 

Also that we are a family and Jesus is in fact our elder brother. The importance of forgiveness and how it's best to forgive and let go of the matter. That a lot of the time it's us that needs the comfort of saying I forgive you. Sometimes it's your action of kindness and forgiving that shows God's love. I also understand how to pray and what I should be praying about. It's not all about my financial problems. But the opportunity to serve Gods will. For many of the discourses I would spend time seeking God with quite time. I now ask God each day to use me in his work and the best possible way. 

We need to go out each day and use our gifts that God has given. I like the saying that It's sometimes better to show God's love in a more practical way then talking. I truly believe that this life on earth that we spend so much of our day's working for bigger and better things. Larger, nicer and more, puts us on the track of no purpose. We are on this earth for just a short time. This time should be used to do Gods business. And use this time as a proving ground for what's to come after we take our last breath of air. What a great course, so much information. I will be using the information for years to come as a minister. 

Yes I do feel stronger and more set to serve God.

Rev. Mike Zhmendak

*******************************
Many people get ordained through the Universal Life Church as a means to become wedding officiants, but also to study through our online seminary. If you need minister supplies or online ceremonies, we have a wide selection to choose from, as well as a place for spiritual articles and spiritual bookmarks. If you need any assistance in any area of your ministry, please feel free to contact amy@ulcseminary.org and we'll give you all the help we can.

No comments: