Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Spirit Quest

  SPIRIT QUEST
                                                         Final  Essay
 
     Thank you, Rev. Long, for this extensive discourse on finding and following my own quest for spirituality.  Throughout the last thirty weeks I have learned and used many new tools and reinforced tools I have used in the past.  Some I have forgotten and you brought them to the surface again.  My senses and awareness have opened up.  I see my surroundings differently, more vividly.  My choices have been refocused to include myself not just what can be done for others.  Taking care of the home spirituality first makes it easier to serve others.  So creating a life that I am comfortable with and willing to share others seeking their own paths.
 
 
     Meditation is a practice I have had for years.  Through these lessons, my technique has improved.  I can feel myself opening up to the greater possibilities of communication with the higher self.  I receive better answers, that are clearer.  The guidance is gentle yet obvious.  During the day , there is an openness of awareness to nature and the sense of being one with all.  This is very calming.  I have always been sensitivity to the moon cycles, now I feel this connection with greater conviction and a knowing of how I fit into the universe.
 
     I must say that the rose technique was not my favorite model.  During the course I modified these practices, which I changed to using different colored balloons.  Using Balloons to fill up with the negative thoughts or hurts and sending them into the sky to float out over the ocean and disintegrate.  The same in verse of the universe sending a colorful bouquet of balloons to me with a power of positive acts of loving, caring or whatever I need for that day or week.  The word 'destroy' has a strong inner reaction for me and maybe the idea of destroying a rose was not the feeling I need to invoke.  Also, since pink roses were my mom's favorite flower, I can enhance them, just not destroy.  The concept of the practice was great, so I felt that a slight change in visualization was still appropriate and it worked for me!
 
     Thank you once again, Rev. Long, this was an informative and enlightening discourse.  
 
Highly recommended!
 
Rev. Constance
*************************
Many people get ordained through the ULC as a means to become wedding officiants, but also to study through our online seminary. If you need minister supplies or online ceremonies, we have a wide selection to choose from, as well as a place for spiritual articles and spiritual bookmarks. Visit our FB Page at ULC Seminary.

No comments: