Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2006

Shamanism Course

Shamanism - A course through the Universal Life Church.
My journey to this place of knowing has been a wonderful yet bittersweet one.

On February 2, 2003, my husband of 16 years, left me and our two sons to search for ‘greener pastures’. On this day, I have a ‘moment’ and the name ‘Blossom Spring’ appears in my consciousness. Where did it come from? Who gave it to me? It doesn’t matter. It seems to fit me. I now see it as a sign of the fruitfulness of my new path in this life. I was, however, hesitant to own it so I used the name for my new company.

This is a usual reaction of mine. I have a vision, see an actual entity or a flash of clairsentience, then I second guess it. Tell myself things like, "I’m not crazy" or "It didn’t happen," and "I must be dreaming" were my common responses to these phenomena. I’m a much better listener, now.

When I was a very small child, I’m not sure how old I was, but I had bars on the side of my bed to keep me from falling out, I awoke in the middle of the night and watched a parade of ‘people’ walk into my room. They can in, single file, through the bedroom doorway and marched around the room in a big circle, to the foot of my bed, then climbed up and continued past my head where they disappeared into the wall. Of these figures, one stands out to me; He’s an Indian chief in full costume. A headdress and all. He looks at me and almost smiles. It makes me feel safe and I drift right back to sleep. I never told anyone about this before. I don’t know why really. I guess it just felt like a normal, everyday thing to me. It didn’t worry me a bit and I felt safe.

Another memory that stands out to me is a long forgotten one that just came back to me recently. I was at a birthday party when I was about three or four years old, for my cousin. It was in a picnic area outside of his apartment building. I sneaked inside to look for toys to play with when I saw an old woman in a rocking chair in the corner of the dining room. She had a crochet blanket on her lap and a shawl around her shoulders. She had tight gray curls, a large round body and pale complexion, and she wasn’t happy to see me. In the strangled, raspy, gruff voice of a very old woman, she told me to get out. She said I was in her house and didn’t belong there, but I saw a playpen in the corner which I recognized as my cousins. I knew I was in the right place, but I didn’t dare argue! I was very confused and I ran outside to tell my mother what happened. She and my aunt told me that no one was inside.

I guess I thought that everyone had experiences like these; unexplainable coincidences, intuition and even visions. It wasn’t until I started to think it might be neat to explore psychic energy that I realized my experiences were unique. I had this ‘gift’. I’ve since read about people who were frightened by such phenomena when it happened to them, but I never was. It has always felt natural to me.

Once I learned how to tune into this energy, instead of catching things as they randomly came in, I began having deep and meaningful exchanges with the other side.

The first big message I received came when I was concerned about my sister and her husband having trouble conceiving. I relaxed myself into the now familiar trance-like state and asked, "Why?". Suddenly and vividly, her womb appeared in front of my eyes! As I strained to look more closely, it magnified itself and came closer to my face. I saw a beautiful, pink uterus and left fallopian tube. The right tube was in a shadow and I saw a broom sweeping it away. I was so excited, I jumped up and started dancing around my living room! I couldn’t believe how easy it was or how well my vision responded to my questions. I was thrilled!

Once I regained my composure, I called my sister and calmly explained to her what happened, then I urged her to see her doctor. She did, and the x-rays showed scar tissue in her right fallopian tube so they made plans for surgery to clean it out. Later, I told her she would be a mom in January of the coming year. I told her that I had seen a vision of her and her husband welcoming me into their home and I saw a bassinet in the living room. She called me that summer and asked me to remember what was supposed to happen in January. We both started screaming and I was jumping around the back yard laughing and crying all at once! She was pregnant and the due date was January twelfth. However, a week later, she called to say she had miscarried. It didn’t occur to me until that moment that I never saw a baby in the basinet. I determined right then and there to seek further training.

This is how I came to find Elizabeth Joyce. She lives nearby and I found an ad for her upcoming psychic development class. I learned many things from her about trusting myself and asking the right questions when seeking answers from the spirit world. She helped me to gain the confidence to ‘read’ again.

All during this time I’ve been working as a Holistic Health Practitioner, both in a local health food store and my own private practice out of my home. I earned my Master Herbalist certification and I make herbal health and beauty products under the name Blossom Spring. To enhance my practice, I learned all I could about bio kinetics, chakras, auras and mind over matter visualizations and the parts they all play in healing. I read voraciously about physics and energy, health and positive thinking, as well as a myriad of psychic authors. Suddenly, my two interests became one. The more I read the more connections I made. I was reading and meditating and finding my way through all of the information out there.

I thought the good Lord must have something ‘different’ in mind for me. I felt the Spirit leading me away from my church and into a true one-on-one relationship with Him. It was a complicated time in my life to say the least.

I was a very active member of my church for ten years. I participated in bible studies, Sunday school and a shepherding program in which I took on ten church families and watched over them and acted as a sort of liaison between them and the pastor. Then my husband left me and my intuition started to grow. These two things effectively changed my relationship with my church. Nobody was happy about the divorce and it made it hard for people to talk to me. I confided in a few ‘friends’ about my growing relationship with God and the things He was showing me. They told me I was crazy because God doesn’t talk to people anymore, (only the devil does apparently!) and they asked me to please not tell anyone else about these so called ‘visions from God’. While I understood their reactions, it alienated me and my boys anyway. The love and connectedness I had once felt were gone, so I took a time-out.

When I went back a few months later to join a bible study, the senior pastor took me aside and he yelled at me saying things like, how dare I come and go as I pleased! If I wasn’t going to come back and be as involved as I used to be, I needn’t come back at all! When I tried to explain how I was feeling and why I backed off for a little while, he yelled over the top of me about how rotten my kids are and that’s when I said that I didn’t think things would get pretty from here, and I left.

The things I just recounted are the facts as they happened in my presence and as they were witnessed by others. There were other things said into the senior pastor’s ear by another member of the pastoral staff which no one told me about. I know these things because the Spirit showed me, not because of gossip or hearsay. I figure that God must have really wanted me out of there to use the senior pastor of such a great church in this way. None of the witnesses that day could believe his behavior any more than I could.

While trying to make peace with that whole experience I continued having visions of my future, deceased loved ones and even little, everyday type intuitions. Things like just knowing I should take a different route to work, only to find out later that there had been an accident on my usual route. That kind of thing.

One day I was thinking about the nature of God and how much I’ve learned and expanded my understanding of Him, when I felt a wave of ‘knowing’ come over me. I suddenly knew that God was calling me to the ministry. I went directly to my computer and became ordained that day.

As for my decision to earn my Doctor of Shamanism degree, that was the easiest, most natural call to answer. Beginning with my first vision of the Indian chief in my bedroom, to my connection to God through nature, to the fact that I have been a Shaman in at least two of my past lives, then add to that my Blackfoot Indian heritage, and it’s just a natural choice.

I am an herbalist, a natural health care provider, and I take my cues for a clients health from the spirit world. I am Shaman.

Dr. Bonnie Tripodi, MH, DD

a.k.a. Blossom Spring



*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: