Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Master of Religion

I feel truly blessed to have had the opportunity to receive information on many subject matters over the past 20 weeks. I particularly enjoyed the teaching about the apostle Paul and him many journeys and trails. Paul was a man of strong belief, this was demonstrated on several occasions. I recall the story about Paul prior to his conversion, when he was one of the main witness that approved the death of Stephan. I have found out that a person can have conflicting views on various subject, and that does not make them wrong. I have learned that the lessons of the past are for our benefit and we should embrace the lesson of our ancestors. When I think back on all the adversity that the apostles went through and the did not give up or stop, it encourages me to continue with the quest of letting others know the love of GOD the father.

I also learned about the early language of the church was Greek and that many denominations existed in the church. In the early church many Greek speaking Jews realized that the most important part of being a christian was to display the attributes of Christ. Today unfortunately there are a lot of people confessing Christianity but they are not showing any of the qualities that Christ displayed while walking the earth. I feel that through the reading material provided me through this course I am better able to defend my beliefs and help others to understand what it means to be a Christian.

I have learned that my life action must coincide with the words that I am speaking. I have also learned the importance of forgiveness. This course has taught me that in order for me to move forward in my christian I must forgive the trespasses of others so that I can display the attribute of Christ in my life. I found out the true meaning of the passing of scripture that says: Forgive that your father in heaven may forgive you. I discovered that in my forgiving others that I am free to move forward with my present and release the pain and disappointment of my past the may have held me back from my destiny.

Rev. Charles Sneed

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers hand-fasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: