Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 21, 2008

Paganism

I started on this path as a Pagan 21 years ago. I’ve learned quite a bit about whom I am and that it’s all right to change and go through changes. Change is necessary for our growth. It gives us a chance to learn about who we really are.

When I decided to become a minister I was happy to learn about ULC Seminary. This has been a great decision to me to take courses online and incorporate my own beliefs in a ministerial way.

I just finished the Pagan Course and was happy to see the way it was put together. Sometimes when we have been on a path for many years we can think we either know it all or may not have something else to learn. I took this course with an open mind and heart.

I loved how the Paganism course began with Creation and the story of Chaos. The story was beautifully written and offers a great example of the Goddess and God’s creation and how their love created everything we have.

The history of the Deities was good reading. Breaking up the All into God and Goddess. Transforming into each God and Goddess. I really loved the explanation of the Goddess in her many forms and the God’s many forms. It explains the balance and blending of each and why both are needed and not just one!

Being a Pagan and believing in reincarnation and an afterlife I was glad to get to the lesson on the afterlife. Seeing the difference of a patriarchal religion vs. a matriarchal one. It was nice to see the differences of the names of the afterlife depending on the different pantheons. I also enjoyed reading the article about Immortality and Life after Death written by Stephen Richards included in this lesson.

The Sabbat lesson was well written and easy to follow. I do know about the wheel of the year and practice each holy day but I found the explanations great for novice and practitioner alike. It gave refreshing outlooks to each Sabbat.

Creating sacred space was excellent. I loved how it went through various ways in creating our sacred space. I was glad to see how when we create we must also take down and the reasoning behind that.

Each lesson was well written and I am ever happy to have taken the Paganism course. It gave me some outlooks I hadn’t thought about as a teacher. Thank you for a great course.

Rev. Darlene M. Meehan


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: