Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Christian Studies

The Four Gospels Course

Thank you Universal Life Seminary and those who put this course together.  I had trouble getting started with this course but I am so glad that I finished the course in its entirety.  I began the course over at least three times in order to help me get into the course.  The course has given me a new way of looking at the Gospels and an aide to my preaching to our congregation here in Salem.   Teaching the Gospels as they apply to our lives today was really a new perspective for me.  Having been raised Catholic and the Gospel message given by most Priests related the Gospels more to the times of Jesus rather than being directed at how they relate to our present lives and times in this troubled world.  This course opened my eyes that the Gospels are a way of life and not a way of a particular religious organization.  Religion is a way of life not an organization. 

I thank you for including the section on the Gospel of Thomas.  This particular Gospel shows the preaching of love, peace, compassion and tolerance that Jesus taught while here amongst us. 

As from the past two courses I have taken I look forward to enrolling in yet another course being offered by the Seminary.

God's Blessings

Rev. Don Eck

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar


No comments: