Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Metaphysics

Spirit Quest Final Essay
By Reverend Rob Kenneway

I thought today would be a great day to write my final essay for the Spirit Quest course that I have just completed. There's nothing like Christmas day to inspire ones faith to grab hold and take you for the ride of the year. The birds sing louder and the breeze blows fresher.
Ever since I was a boy I heard people say that you should watch what you say and do, because it will always come back on you. Well, karma has always been a big part of my life and the lessons that came with it. After reading about karma in this lesson, and practicing or applying those principles, I'm even more of a believer than before. I can notice a change in my life when I'm more careful of how I say and do things each day. Karma has a big part in the happenings in our lives. I think it's Gods way of telling us to do that which is right.
The meditation part of the course was a little too bizarre for me. I guess that I'm just not ready for that. I did get a lot out of sitting quiet and still and just thinking about all the negativity and bad things that go on in my life. I've been having some difficulty getting over a divorce for the past two years. When my ex-wife remarried, she moved 3,000 miles away with me five year old daughter Miranda. I was beating myself up pretty badly. I created a glass bulb with all the negative and energy zapping stuff, and smashed it into the walls. My daughter Miranda is my golden sun, the best thing in my life. I've had some personal healing energy that keeps me from putting the blame on and carry on like the wayward son.
By not reacting, like I used to, to a very aggravating, pompous and obnoxious supervisor at work, I took away the energy that used to make me want to punch his lights out. Now I understand that I was feeding the energy by reacting to his insults. A lot of people are controlled by the big green monster, and treat others badly when under it's spell. Insecurity also plays a big role in such behavior.
I learned quite a lot from the Spirit Quest course, and am a better person because of it. I try to better myself in any way I can and try to be a better representative of the lord above. By knowledge and understanding myself and other people around me, I will be better to myself and the rest of the world. There's much that we don't understand about our world and life itself, but I do understand that we are here for a reason. The biggest part of it is for the good of people and the lord above. Merry Christmas.
Reverend Robert A. Kenneway



**********************

Ordination with the Free Online Ordination button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: