Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Wicca Studies

Introduction to Wiccan Basic Training
By Julie Lehmkuhl

First off, let me say a huge 'THANK YOU".  This course was perfect for me as a stepping stone to discovering what Wicca is all about without any nonsense. I am really trying to get a basic understanding of what it is and why Christians are so opposed to it. It is truly a blessing to me to have it explained in such an easy to understand format. I have long had this uneasiness in me that the church I grew up with was lacking. Now I see where it took many of its ideas and transformed them into laws.


It has also been fascinating to understand the whys behind these old traditions. Seeing the Wiccan holidays as they were originally and seeing how modern Christianity has absorbed and transformed them has given me a much better perspective of them. I want to study them more.
Wicca is the old religion. Wicca has answered so many of my misgivings of late. It is a true earth religion and it's ok to practice alone. I don't have to seek permission of anyone to worship God in any way. I feel so much closer to the spirit I was born with in this religion.

This course has reinforced the belief that the earth is a sacred place in itself and by using its gifts we can make a positive impact on its future. The cleansing spells and rituals are designed to bring us back to that knowledge. The 'magic' taught is really the basis of modern medicine. By using the things found in nature chemical free to heal and cleanse our bodies, we are better, stronger people. 

The mental cleansing is vital to allowing the physical cleansing to happen.  Modern medicine has long been saying you can heal your body with your thoughts in many ways. 'A positive attitude goes a long way toward speedy recovery.' Isn't that what the spells help us achieve?
I am using the information I have learned through this course as a spring board to a deeper understanding of life itself.

Thank you again.

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: