Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wiccan Studies

I enjoyed this course tremendously! In October my dad came to live with me after a massive stroke left him bedridden. Between his care and 6 children of my own, I had a busy busy time! I did try to keep up and loved the info I learned! My dad passed on 4/23 and I now have the time to sit and do this essay.

I've been a Solitary Wiccan for a couple of years now, worshiping the sacred as immanent in nature. I am raising my sons in the ways of the earth and it's cycles. This course has clarified the religion for me, although I still feel it's a religion all your own.I've taken your class teachings and my experiences and strengthened my knowledge in the craft and my perception of the world around me.
I learned to add my energy in ritual by the elements.

Earth-Body and movement. Swaying back and forth to the rhythm of my chants, radiating heat and energy of my physical life force.

Air- In ritual I add air when I speak aloud my intentions or wishes.
Fire- Rhythm by clapping or stomping.

Water-I can connect to my intentions of my rituals through touching hands of others.

I feel witchcraft usually begins on a personal level with spells for health,love or wishes. As we mature in the craft, we become more adept at raising power and using it for the good "all" around us!

My wand is my dearest treasure. I made it from a fallen Oak branch. It has beautiful natural grain and devots where I inserted crystals for calm, balance, peace, happiness,and protection.

Season after season, nature shows her wonders, beauty and growth. Sometimes she even shows her grief. Flower petals fall,leaves blow in the wind and plants go dormant or die. This cycle repeats over and over in life. We made a special garden between my pet cemetery and our wetlands, that is a dedication to all those we've loved and lost in this lifetime or those we send intentions for. A bleeding heart bush for my Grandma, Lilly of the Valley patch for the needy in Haiti, and a newly planted patch of daisies for my dad. My children bury stones and pieces of wood they've found on our land in honorment of a deceased pet ,friend or relative. We have large rocks circling this area where we can sit, reflect, meditate and remember! There is a natural stream that flows next to it and the sound of the water is relaxing and spiritual. Here is where I hear a whisper within me that says" I am the Goddess inside of you. I am wisdom, compassion,magic and grace. Look deep inside yourself and you will find me." The magic of Wicca is love,and the right path for me. This course has definitely proven that for me. I'm proud that Wicca is an accepting, open minded faith that celebrates diversity and considers us all to be children of the same mother. Our temples are our gardens,backyards,beaches and porches. I feel no one is born Wiccan, but it's a belief system that emerges in our hearts and souls.It reflects who each of us are in this miraculous world with personal integrity and respect for Mother Nature in honorment of the God's and Goddess. Thank you for the lessons learned and the empowerment to achieve greater knowledge of the craft.

Blessed Be.
Barbara B Decker

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: