Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Four Gospels

The study of the Four Gospel Course was a spiritual journey for me. It allowed me to enter the spiritual world of, my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.I was able to allow myself to question the Gospels. For the first time, I allowed myself to question the word, to evaluate, and, to ask myself is this what Jesus said and did. I was able to consider the word,without feeling I would go to hell for questioning. I realized that the bible is the inspired word of God, and God spoke to the spirit of each writer. Even when God speaks to my spirit there is a humanness involved in the interpretation, and so it is with the writers of the Four Gospels.

My favorite chapter was the book of John. Although some may find that it has a poetic flavor, I can really sense the human part of our divine Christ. I am able to journey through the human emotions of Christ. I can understand his frustrations, his sorrow, and his pain. I felt as thou I had gone on a spiritual journey with Jesus. It encouraged me to explore the human side of Jesus.In the book of John I got a real sense of a wide range of the human emotions Christ experienced.Before the feast of the Passover, Jesus washed the feet of the disciples, this showed his compassion and willingness to serve.The chapters leading to his death on the cross, are further examples of the emotions experienced by Jesus. The pleading to take this cup away, and finally the acceptance of his fate are all examples that, as humans we can relate to. It reminded me of the stages people experience when they are dying. The anger, denial, bargaining, and finally acceptance. , I believe these are the same stages we go through as we reach different levels of spiritual maturity.We die to our lower selfish natures, as we grow into higher stages of spiritual development.

In Matthew, I am impressed with the authority of Jesus, over circumstances, diseases and even death. In Mark's gospel I experience the ministry of Christ as he presents Christ as the servant of God. The book of Luke I sense the compassion of the Son of Man as he cares for those in need. Finally, in the book of John, I sense John saying Come see, and experience Christ. In the first section of John he is the miracle worker, in the second I experience the teacher, and in the last section of John I experienced the Victor.

I really enjoyed this course. I also enjoyed the emails, and looked forward to receiving the interchange of ideas.

Rev. Linda K. Muhammad

**********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: