Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Paganism

This is my essay for my degree in Masters of Paganism.
Rev. Lee Warner

Master of Paganism has been an extraordinary course. This course helps you to learn all aspects of paganism. Being a pagan is a way of life for me, since I was a child. Growing with this spiritualism has encouraged me to know and learn my craft, with precision. Learning and studying this course, has given me a renewal in my life, to be able to teach paganism to others..

The creation lesson is one of the most unforgettable lesson. I am able to explain our creation story with more ease.. Without this course it was sometimes difficult to explain, to others how we came into existence.

The second course was very informational. I went through this lesson many many times. I learned in great detail about the maiden, mother and crone Goddesses. Teaching the sabbats and knowing in detail about the Goddesses are important in my family.. To be able to go into a prolific details with the ones that taught me and to know exactly what I am talking about, has given them great respect and pride for me.

I would encourage everyone to learn about the great rite. As I studied this concept, I realized that not many follow this particular way, anymore. I have learned to raise energy through the power of dancing, drumming and singing.

Divination, was so exciting for me, as I experimented with many forms , to see which were compatible with me. I began with the tarot cards. I did not have much luck with the deck. I did not get a feel of anything from them.

The pendulum, became my next experiment. After calming my mind and meditating, I had positive experiences with this form of divination.

Scrying mirrors I discovered, are doorways to the unknown.One particular night I asked a question with the scrying mirror. My dog began whimpering and the an all out growl and protective mode she was in , as she began nudging my arm. I turned the mirror over and sprinkled salt on the backside of the mirror. This was very curious and scary to me. However what I discovered, is there is a spirit in my house. My dog could see and sense this spirit before I could. How amazing is that. I do not use a scrying mirror after that. I have learned that it can be a doorway or a portal.

I am in the process of understanding tea leave reading more. I went through this lesson many times. It was somewhat difficult, but the more I do it the easier it is becoming.

Runes are as exciting to me as my pendulum. I have enjoyed learning and reading runes. I have enjoyed it so much , that I am helping a local artist design my own runes.

I have experienced and learned so much from this course. Thank you for this opportunity that has helped develop and shape my thoughts, into experiences that I shall share with others.


********************************************

To ordain yourself with the Universal Life Church, for free, for life, right now, click on the Free Online Ordination link.

Rev. Long created the ULC seminary site to help ministers learn and grow their ministries. The Seminary offers a huge catalog of materials for ministers of the Universal Life Church

No comments: