Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spirituality Course

 Dr. of Spirituality
Lesson 2
Homework
Brendan Cook

Prayer Exercise
1)    There is a prayer that I use every time I put on and take off my mala, called a gatha in the Buddhist tradition. The version that I use is vastly simplified, and is intended to draw attention to the act of putting the mala on and my role in bringing enlightenment more widely into the world. Currently, it goes like this: I vow to wake up and see the world as it truly is. I will save (that is, bring enlightenment to) all sentient beings.

In taking the perspective based on the understanding of what God, His Son and what I really am, I would rephrase it this way: I see the world as it truly is. I extend love to all beings.

2)    Dear Father, help me to grow into the fullness of your boundless, endless, all-encompassing Love. Help me to feel your Love in all things, in all places, and to see it in all people. Please help me to fulfill the promise you made in me: To be innately and authentically worthy of your Love, and to manifest that Love in the world.

As I begin to accept my place as a part of God’s Love, existing within his boundless Love, that love will start to pour over into all aspects of my life. My work will benefit because I will be more easily able to connect with my clients, and I will manifest that Love as a part of my treatments. My family relationships will benefit as the Love will permeate my relationships with my children and especially with my wife. Our levels of understanding and love will grow as God’s Love infuses those relationships.

As I grow to accept my worthiness and my lovedness, old hurts will be released and healed. Any sense of lack, stemming from a feeling of unworthiness, will be released and be replaced by a sense of complete worthiness. This will manifest in numerous ways, in friendships, finances, familial relationships and more.


 
*************************
Many people get ordained through the Universal Life Church as a means to become wedding officiants, but also to study through our online seminary. If you need minister supplies or online ceremonies, we have a wide selection to choose from, as well as a place for spiritual articles and spiritual bookmarks. If you need any assistance in any area of your ministry, please feel free to contact amy@ulcseminary.org and we'll give you all the help we can. Visit our FB Page at ULC Seminary.

No comments: