Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Comparative Religion

Universal Life Church Seminary

ULC Seminary Comparative Religion

Dearest Sirs:

Thank you for offering a very enlightening and informative course on comparative religion. I learned about the interfaith process, perspective, the differences and similarities of different religions, about the meaning of sacred texts and languages, religious celebrations, observances, events and traditions of various faiths.

I learned about how great teachers inspire others and guide others, and affect the spiritual evolution of those whom they teach. The course covered information about stories that are historical and how they affected religions and cultures around the world such as the huge flood of the ancient times, and stories that sanctify social change such as the bible story of Abraham and Issac.

There was information about religious teachings that were similar such as the golden rule and peace. There was information about youth education and the importance of song and dance in various religions.

The course was very enlightening and informative, covering a variety of topics regarding religion and it enhanced my knowledge and understanding shedding light on situations once appearing dark and uncertain. I learned that all are striving for the same things, and that each person is able to commit to their own understanding or interpretation of the Divine.

As I read the materials, I realized that having knowledge of other traditions would help me in my walk as a minister as I will be able to connect to Spirit through greater understanding of philosophies of other faiths, cultures.

I liked the ability to see Spirit in each faith. I enjoyed the course so much there is nothing that I would change about it and found it fascinating and would most certainly take another course taught by Reverend Kythera Ann. I think it could be improved by doing even more in-depth comparisons and extending the course to forty weeks or two semesters. Thank you for offering this course.

I highly recommend it to all as a very enlightening addition to the sacred and holy path of the truth seeker. I can truly say that it enhanced my eternal journey of truth.


In Divine Love and Service,

Rev. Tracey

*******************************

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.