Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2005

Wiccan Studies

What I learned from The Wiccan Studies Class

I really enjoyed the history portion of the class. It is very interesting to see the evolution of ‘Pagan” type religions. Having no previous knowledge of the evolution of civilized religions vs. pagan religion, you article was a real eye opener for me.

I also enjoyed the section on Dowsing. I have seen individuals use this technique before and didn’t even realize it was consider part of the Pagan culture.

As I continued to read the lessons, I realized that a lot of what my mother had taught me over the years, had roots in the Wiccan religion! Boy was my mom surprised. My mom was so impressed by what I told her, she actually went out and bought a book to read up on the subject.

I think the holidays were my favorite part. I was surprised to find that there were other names for the solstice holidays and what the belief was behind each one. In our family we have always acknowledged the solstices and for the summer and winter solstice we always have had a celebration. Now I know how to incorporate what I learned about the holidays into our celebrations.

Thank you for a very informative course.

Rev. Dorothy Torres
http://www.castleministries.com


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar