Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Four Gospels

Four Gospels Course
Always more to learn about Jesus Christ
I just recently finished the course, the Dr. of Christian Studies: The Four Gospels. When I first signed up for this course, I wonder what I could actually learn from the course that I didn't already know. I've been studying the four Gospels and the life of Jesus for many years now in fact Jesus has been a big part of my life since the age of four. At this age I first began remembering talking with my grandmother about the life of Christ and his works here on earth. My Grandmother told me stories of all the wonderful things Jesus did from miracles to his teachings and on and on. Needless to say I was fascinated. My Grandmother, being an active full-time minister, missionary and a very spiritual woman, had lived a life that I admired and wanted my life to be like. So with this brief history of my early years and the woman that inspired me to do most of the thing I have accomplished and will accomplish in my life, let me begin about the Four Gospels Course.

The fact that I have studied the life of Jesus since the age of four and have quite a vast knowledge of his life and his teachings, I did come to this course with a preconceived idea that I knew it all; my ego was huge, admittedly. So I can say that I learned from the experience with this course, in that no matter how much we study in or how much we learn even about one particular man or one particular subject there is always another viewpoint, idea or something else to be learned about it. In fact this is something that is very keen in the life of Jesus and his teachings. Jesus understood that we as humans are always learning, our minds are like sponges for information, we desire it; we crave it; we lust for it!

This course help me to see that, even though I have a great knowledge of Jesus and his teachings, there is still much to be learned. Everyday I read in my personal study something about this man that I did not realize or conceive before. His life, though a short one on this Earth, proved to be one of the most influential in world history. Jesus is indeed on of the greatest teachers that have ever lived.

So with all this said, I can honestly say that this course helped me to realize once again, that I am just a babe in the learning process that we as humans go through. I have much knowledge, but I have so much knowledge yet to acquire. Jesus knew this; he knew that the human mind is capable of learning and storing an endless amount of information. With this fact in mind, we as humans will never learn it all. This is the one thing I think I have taken away from this course and of course the life of Jesus Christ.

Sincerely Yours,
Dr. Judge Edward Singleton, D.M., CNSA


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers hand-fasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: