Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 28, 2006

Shamanism Course

Dr. of Shamanism.
I would like to start by saying that this class, Dr. of Shamanism, was everything and more than I thought it would be! Other material I have read on Shamanism covered rituals and entheogens to journey, but stopped there. I knew there had to be more. Many thanks to all who took part in getting this course together!

Since I'm a Reiki Master and practicing Holistic Healer, I can relate to the course from a personal experience level. The only lessons I don't plan on using are the ones on entheogens. I feel it was very interesting and I'm glad it's in the course, but being a school bus driver who is often drug and alcohol tested I would lose my job. I astral travel and bring back messages from spirit with every healing I do. Soul retrieval is a different travel experience. I need to travel to a `level` with my power animal and retrieve a part of my clients past that they have blocked out and left there. I have to rely on my own ability to trust and believe.

One of the things I noticed as I studied the lessons is how they relate to the way I have been teaching healing and energy work. It was a nice feeling of conformation that healers, on a spiritual path, are connected with similar belief systems.

Your "Goals of the Shaman" are the same goals of master healers world wide.

In lesson 10-other methods of being a Shaman I found I already use kinesiology, aromatherapy, biofeedback (with my hands), reflexology, crystal healing, meditation, drumming and music. I also heal with stones, feathers and tuning forks.

Lesson 15-Self Hypnosis was a lesson that was totally new to me. I can see now that when we go into a deep meditation it is a form of self-hypnosis.

Your guide to gemstones was a fun addition. even though I use almost all you mentioned, I didn't know about puca shells and pearls.

A couple of weeks ago, during a class I was teaching on Sacred Sounds, a student asked what the difference was between a spirit guide and spirit teacher. After having her `hold that thought` till after class, we went to lesson #3 and got her answer. That's when I knew I was going to be using the course for reference and needed to make a `table of contents` for my lesson book.

I would recommend this course to anyone from master healers to those just interested in natural ways of healing with true respect for nature and her energies.

Namaste;

Rev. Millie Zelkowski



*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: