Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Christian Studies

The Four Gospels Essay
Rev. David E. Griffin DD

I would like to first say thanks to the ULC Seminary for giving me the opportunity to become a minister. I have always heard a small voice inside of me telling me this is what I should be doing but I didn't feel that I was qualified because of a lack of seminary studies. So last year I became ordained by The Universal Life Church and I joined the ULC Seminary and it has been a blessing to me. A year later I received my Doctor of Divinity and with the help of God I hope to graduate from the ULC Seminary.

I really enjoyed reading the Four Gospels Book and I also enjoyed the e-mails which helped me with this course. I especially enjoyed the book of Matthew because it was more detailed about the birth, teachings, preaching, miracles, death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I accepted Christ as my Savior at a young age and was raised in a Baptist church. The Holy Bible ,prayer, and meditation have always been a part of my life but ten years ago I was able to receive something that Jesus performed many times in the book of Matthew and that was a MIRACLE OF HEALING.

In August of 1996 I was diagnosed with advanced stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma. This very aggressive cancer had spread to both of my lungs, liver, lymph nodes and spine. I met with several different doctors, had PET Scans, CT Scans, surgery, chemotherapy and radiation but still they only gave me a few months to live. I then met with a doctor from the National Cancer Institute and he also only gave me a few months at best. All I had left was prayer to God for a miracle. I thought that if I prayed and had faith that Jesus Christ would touch me just like he did in all his miracle healings in the Book of Matthew. I believe that GOD answers prayer in one of four ways: 1. Yes, child, "you may have it"; 2."No, child, this is not good for you"; 3. "Wait, child, I have something better"; or "My Grace is sufficient for you"(2 Cor. 12:9).

In my case churches and people everywhere were praying for me. I remembered Matthew 5: 23 'And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the Gospel of the kingdom, and HEALING all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people.' I believed this same Jesus could heal me too. I could feel the power of their prayers going through my body and I am still alive today only because of the prayers of many people and the HEALING power of Jesus Christ. My Doctors tell me I am their MIRACLE patient. They tell me that what they did for me is not the reason that I am still alive.

So the area of the four Gospels that gives me the most comfort is the healing of the many sick that Jesus performed in Matthew 5: 23 because I too received the same HEALING.

May God Bless and Heal You.

Rev. David E. Griffin DD


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: