Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

Wicca

I have been studying and Practicing Wicca for the better part of 9 years now but I found this course very enlightening and informative. It is an excellent way for a beginner to become familiar with Wicca and the traditions. This course helped to reaffirm my beliefs and cement the path I have followed and shall continue, For being a solitary it is easy to get caught up in everyday routine tasks and not set aside time for spiritual side.

I have always found a similarity between many religious traditions and the Pagan ways, and I firmly believe the Catholic religion especially adopted there ways and traditions from the pagan ways but put a different twist on many. The section on Dowsing I found very interesting for it is an area I up to now never paid much attention to, But when I tried it and found the level of accuracy to be so high I was amazed. I also found the section on spells so very important. Wicca has become so misunderstood in this area, so to relate prayer to spells is an excellent observation. For we cast spells to bring about change in ourselves not others. By changing ourselves everything else changes also. 

Another Most important subject touched upon is fact we don’t believe in Satin or the Devil. A part of society believes that we worship Satin but in fact we do not believe in the devil and in fact we can wish harm nor cause harm we are quite the opposite. Positive energy is what we are about, For positive begets positive and the respect for all living things. The only thing we banish is negativity and what it creates.
A very interesting phase in the Wicca course was on Bioelectric energy. It is the energy that every living thing has. It is what carries the instructions from our brain to our fingertips. This energy can be channeled externally. One assignment was to put one hand above the other (palm to palm). Close your eyes and think of a flow of light. After a few moments of concentration you should have felt some tingling or coldness or a hot sensation. If it didn’t work try again by rubbing your hands together in a circular motion, then proceed as written above. I found this to be quite enlightening, perhaps a form of self awareness. 

Overall the course is setup in an excellent structure in the way it teaches you step by step but in an important order. I found it left me wanting the next lesson, waiting a week was in most cases a long wait. I think this course could be a great information resource even for someone who is not following a Wiccan path.

Blessed Be
Rev. Frank L Ducharme

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: