Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

SPIRITUAL AWARENESS

This was a great class. I would like to thank Rev. Elizabeth King for writing this great course. It was very informative. I would also like to thank Amy for all your hard work.

One of my favorite quotes from this discourse (Lesson 12) was “How can I approach such a situation next time with more awareness or more knowledge.” I say this every morning during my prayers and meditation. It has helped me a great deal with how I face the day.

The course talked about nine insights. These teachings can be found in many cultures from around the world dating back to approximately to 600 BCE. Each of the insights is devoted to a particular revelation into the actual essence and meaning behind life on this planet. People will begin to grasp these insights sequentially. One insight will reveal itself, then another, then another as we move from where we are now to a completely spiritual culture on earth.

I learned about your Sacred Space, my journey to inner discovery. My Sacred Space is a place where no one can enter without my permission. When I meditate, this place can be indoors or outdoors. It is a place where you can work on your Higher Self, Spiritual Guides, Angels, and the Holy Spirit to gain understanding and guidance on how to become a Being of Insight and Awareness.

I personally have worked especially on my Angel connections a lot. During the day or evening I read or listen to audio books about Angels. Most of them are by Doreen Virtue, PhD. Then I get up at 5:30 in the morning (everyone is sleeping) and I have about an hour and a half for myself in my Sacred Space. It is quit relaxing and I can become one with my awareness. Part of the time is also spent with the Holy Spirit in prayer. This way my day starts off very relaxed, yet I’m energized. I’m aware of smells, sounds and my other senses.

Finally, I would just like to say this course has taught me how to come to be aware that my life has a purpose and events happen for a reason. I realized that what I pay attention to will expand. This is a must course for everyone.

Rev. Nancy Rutledge


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics, as well as courses in Mystical Christianity, Buddhism and Comparative Religion. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: