Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2008

Life of St. Paul

The Life of St. Paul interested me in many different levels.  First I wanted to know who he was beyond what the Bible says.  Then I wanted to know his suffering in relation to Jesus and how the two have parallel lives. While reading on his life, I find that I have shared some of those struggles as well.  With God by my side, I knew that I would overcome all adversaries and be used as His instrument of teaching, like St. Paul.   I also found his travels to be of interest as well, how he had use of the roads and knew the Greek language and was able to make East meet West.  No small feat by any means!  I learned that Paul was a very educated person, highly intelligent, great use of logic, creative and had clear thinking of what his subject was.  He was meticulous about Laws and keeping them. 


   I found Paul's time of conversion to more than humbling.  To stand before Christ "trembling and astonished", would be such a blessing today, even if blinded by the light of the Lord.  When Paul finds "his work" you almost feel a great sigh of relief and cant wait to see what happens next, which of course if his first missionary journey.  Paul to me is an extraordinary man and suffered and was blessed beyond most comprehensions.  Being stoned to near death and overcoming it to still spread the word of the Lord. This is a man I want to spend time with, almost as much as I want to spend in the presence of Jesus Christ. 


The power that Paul had even in writing, to move the people of cities and inspire in his sermons, a man truly touched by God.  Paul's voyage to Rome must have been a pivotal point in his life, knowing how dangerous the trip would be and yet he pushed on.  Its a shame there are not more people in the world like Paul!  Our world already has enough chiefs, and not enough great chiefs to lead the peoples of the world back to the word of Christ and bring peace upon the world once more.


By Rev. Michael Belair


********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: