Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Shamanism

     The first thing that I learned is that the word Shaman is so loosely used. I was surprised to find many attributes such as herbs and healing were not part of Shamanism. I now know a Shaman is not a healer, but a healer is not a Shaman, without studying both.

   Although I am familiar with many of the definitions, your explanations help me understand on a higher spiritual level. I felt a wonderful connection when I got that "aha" moment. I had an experience a couple of years ago. My uncle was on his death bed. I meditated and talked to him to help him with his transition. It was very beautiful and I felt that he heard me and I could see him looking at me although I was there ethereally. A couple of weeks after his transition, I had a reading from a mentor. She told me that part of my soul transitioned with my uncle but did not come back. We did a soul retrieval meditation and recovered that fragment. I found it very interesting how I felt because I had been out of sorts, but did not know why.  
     Another thing I found interesting is the ceremony and rituals. I am constantly reminded that preparation is the key to success in working in the upper realms. I have a habit of rushing or skipping some of my preparation for meditation and energy work. I know when I do prepare well; the experience is for spiritually profound and the energy level is very high. Also I am reminded that keeping your space and accessories sacred for ritual and ceremony is important. I tried doubling up on the use of space and the energy changed immediately. I am already familiar with hypnosis so that lesson was an excellent review. I like the Shamanic journey, but I am sure it would be much better to have recorded it and then use that as a guide with my eyes closed. You see things much differently and on a higher level with your physical eyes closed.  May be in your next class you can create a MP3 for your students to download, or recommend a CD to buy at the bookstore.
     I just loved the lesson on the Mayas! I find them and their beliefs very fascinating. I have read other books but this has reignited my passion to learn more. I think that they were so in tune with their intuition and had a deep awareness and connection with the world.

     What I liked most about the lessons were the practical exercises. Each time I practice a technique, I felt that I achieved a better outcome.  

I found this course very informative.  

Thank you,
Karen Dullnig


********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church  materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: