Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2009

Chaplaincy Program

It may be a surprise to some that I very little experience with chaplains.  For 6 years that I was in the US Navy as a flight crew member I never saw a Chaplain.  This includes Vietnam.  They always seem to hang out with the flight officer, but never saw the enlisted.  This maybe because that the war didn't attract many into the military chaplains.  After 6 years in and 3000 flight hours, there were times in which I could have used one.

I am current a Chaplain in the American Legion.  Opening and closing meeting with a prayer, doing military funerals, and counseling veterans in PTSD .  I am taking it very seriously. 

I have seen them working with the Fire and Police departments, but my belief is that I have to go where God is leading me.  (I hope its first responders)

By Rev. Arthur Strauss

********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: