- Temperatures are already on the rise. Since 1970, winter temperatures in the country have increased by an average of 1.3 degrees per decade—changing and damaging marine life, forests, agriculture, recreation and human health.
- Extreme storms are becoming more frequent. East coast for example, can expect a coastal flood equivalent to today's 100-year flood every two to four years on average by mid-century, and almost annually by the end of the century.
- The oceans are rising. Scientists project that sea levels could rise another 4.5 feet by the end of the century—inundating our coastline and claiming countless low-lying communities
- Heat waves are expected to increase. Within our children's lifetimes, Northeast cities could experience 20-30 days above 100 degrees causing pain, distress and even increased mortality for our vulnerable citizens.
- Our snow season is becoming shorter and shorter. By late this century, the length of the snow season could be cut in half across country, and reduced to a week or two in southern parts of the region, a trend that may have already begun.
- Plant and animal populations are shifting northward. Species like the fir and spruce are expected to all but disappear from the region by the century's end. The Baltimore oriole, American goldfinch and song sparrow populations will become much less abundant.
The planets when they do get close enough to be considering in alignment, there won't be too much to notice from it. If you are an astronomer or know what to look for, then you would have something interesting to look at in the sky in the weeks leading to and after the alignment. What you will be able to see is the planets grouped very close together.
In no way will this cause an eclipse. Mercury and Venus are way too small and too far away to cast a shadow on the Earth. The only thing that can cause an eclipse is the moon. That happens all the time already so you don't need an alignment to see that. You may have to travel to a different part of the world to really get a view of it though.
Some people have claimed that when the alignments of the planets happens, their increased gravity will wreck havoc on Earth. That is not true. The alignment will not increase their gravity or combine the effects of their gravity. The gravity that Mars or Venus impact on Earth is insignificant and would be impossible to measure. The same goes for the planets that are even further away. The gravity of Jupiter (the planet with the most gravity in our solar system) has no effect on Earth. The closest Jupiter ever gets to Earth is 365 million miles. The effects of its gravity are weaker and weaker as you move away from it. After 365 million miles, there is almost nothing left to feel. Therefore, the alignment of planets will not cause something bad to happen on Earth.
The Lakota prophecies are called The Prophecy of White Buffalo Calf Woman. To the Lakota, the birth of a white buffalo is a sign for the whole world. It is said that when this calf matures, it will turn the four colors of the peoples of the earth (white, red, brown and black), and upon turning black, the world and all its peoples will be united in peace. The birth of a white buffalo is said to be the fulfillment of age-old legends.
The birth is significant to many because Native American cultures tell of a young woman who taught them how to use the buffalo for survival. When she left the people, she turned into a white buffalo and promised to return. When she returned it would be a time of chaos and disaster in the world. And when she returned it would be a time for all races to come together in peace, balance, and harmony, and bring healing to the world.
The Nostradamus predictions have been interpreted many ways but his end-times predictions are very clear. From Part IV: The Time of Trouble. Prelude to the Antichrist and W W III, there will be volcanoes, earthquakes, floods, droughts, famines and rioting. The death of a world leader and revolt coincides with a comet. Fiasco from communication breakdown between two superpowers causes Russian and American submarine and naval confrontation. Crazed leader launches atom bombs on Mediterranean and Europe.