|When I am called out for Chaplain Duties (I call them Chaplain Calls, so that I can tell my wife I am off doing my calling), it can be at anytime, or place. Therefore, my Toolbox is always in the pickup truck, ready to go. In it I carry:|
1. 3 Bibles
a. Small pocket size NIV
b. A larger Print NIV
c. A Roman Catholic Bible
d. At times I may take a Large Print American Bible, for services
2. Day Timer
a. To keep track of appointments
b. Make Notes
c. Listing of Shelters (Boston Area)
d. Emergency Numbers
e. Numbers of fellow Chaplains, Ministers, Priest and Rabies. (Good Friends)
f. Number of a Psychologist, who is also a good friend.
3. A copy of the Minister's Handbook by Orlando Tibbetts.(Small)
4. A copy of the Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service Handbook (small)
5. American Legion Chaplain's Manual.
6. Military Service Chaplains' Manual (small).
7. The Notebook from this course.
8. A simple communion kit. (my own design)
9. At times I use a Roman Collar, when the time is right for it. (Friar Tuck blue clergy shirt) But mostly I am in street close with a cross around my neck or shirt and tie with the cross.
10. $5.00 minimum
11. Cell phone
12. Small Hand held Tape Recorder.
13. Flash Light
14. First Aid Kit.
15. I use to carry a jack knife, but no more.
16. I carry two Handkerchiefs
17. Didn't think about music until now. Maybe tapes, CDs, or a hymnal.
18. I have a copy of The Common Book of Prayer. Helps with services, confessions, and so on.
All of this fits into a carry bag that goes over my shoulder, but mostly stays in the truck.
I do have a Personal Computer which I don't use all that offend. It goes in its own case. Good to check my Email. And I have Bible software loaded on it.
Rev. Arthur Strafuss
Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free, and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.
The ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.
Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar