Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

Paganism Course

Universal Life Church FINAL ESSAY – MASTER OF PAGANISM

I have just completed the Master of Paganism course. I have been Wiccan for 14 years and am a high priestess of a coven. I have completed many 101 and advanced classes and spent 3 years in a seminary type training program for Wicca. This course is the best one I have taken to date. It covers far more material and in more detail. I call myself a Witch an Wiccan, but after this course, I realize Paganism is more like Witchcraft and is the path I follow more than Wiccan. I enjoyed the lesson on the Great Rite, it described it better than anything else I have read. I liked the way the author did not tell you “this is the only way to believe” etc. He gave the information and let you determine how to make it work for you. So many pagans and Wiccans only use/worship the Goddess, it was refreshing to have someone teach about the polarity and give the God as much credit as the Goddess. The information was easy to read and easy to understand. It was not delivered in a way to make the author superior. The lessons flowed very well and went in a progressive organized order.

The lessons I enjoyed the best were the first lesson’s creation story, it was one of the best I have seen, the great rite and the rituals. So many do not truly explain the parts of a ritual and I thought this one did a good job. The mediation section was very delivered. And I loved the last lesson. No one ever tells about how to incorporate what they teach into your daily life. Some touch on it but fall short.

I would have loved to have seen more on the different traditions, maybe even a comparison. Maybe that could be a different course someday.. a comparisons of Pagan religions or Wiccan tradition.

Overall I did not expect to learn much from this course and was pleasantly surprised to find out I did learn things ans enjoyed each lesson and found myself looking forward to the next.

Bright Blessings,
Rev. Debbie Hawkins


********************************************

To ordain yourself with the Universal Life Church, for free, for life, right now, click on the Free Online Ordination link.

Rev. Long created the ULC seminary site to help ministers learn and grow their ministries. The Seminary offers a huge catalog of materials for ministers of the Universal Life Church

No comments: