Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2012

Final Essay Master of Spirituality


I found this course easy to understand, it leads you right through the historic thinking of man, on the subject of is there, or isn't there? Rev Bynum set this course up following the progression of thought as it happened, as a list of great thinkers, that shaped the way we think today!

As I studied these discourses more, and more, I realized how correct the instructor was when in his first discourse said
"it is designed to aid in your ministerial abilities". Following these discourses, I was able to see how modern thought was shaped, so many centuries ago! Understanding how the scientific mind works, and their thought processes has been an enlightening, and rewarding learning experience. It's helped aid in my ability to spot these different philosophies in people, and use the appropriate technique while ministering to them (still a work in progress).

The first homework assignment blew me away, observing the two different types of people, the heart driven, and the mind driven. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to distinguish between the two when you really pay attention. It's something you always knew about different people, but that lesson brought more thought into why we are, the way we are, and wet my appetite for more!

I had never compared religion and science. I guess I always saw the differences between the two, and it never occurred to me to look for the similarities, and how closely related they really are. How both of them incorporated into ones life makes for such a rich existence of health, and learning ( mental, spiritual, physical) it transcends any former philosophy in my opinion.

How is it possible to go backwards once you see the limitations we put on ourselves for so long with closed minds? :thumbsup:

Rev C Watson
Enjoy your next 24, PEACE!           


No comments: