Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Master of Religion

Dear Rev. Long,

Thank you for such a wonderful course. I thoroughly enjoyed the study course material I received during the 20 weeks.

Over the entirety of the learning session, I gained more knowledge about how the government and the Bible fit together, the Bible's layout, the history of Christianity and its church, how it applies to marriage and divorce, how it applies to sin such as prostitution and drugs, and many more things that I ever learned in a life time of attending church and Sunday school. Dr. Fuchs really makes this course personalized as if he is talking to me and not just generically to everyone like a regular instructor. He made it fun and exciting and I felt the material was never boring and dry.

The only thing I did not like about the course was the way it was presented. It is great that the course material came in the form of an email, but due to lack of portability, I could not take the material along with me to study, which I found to be hard to study on the go. If you take recommendations for future course study and presentation, I would suggest maybe changing the course presentation into a PDF file or maybe even a Word Doc. Another item for the course I would have suggested would be adding more materials teaching on the important characters of the bible and how they brought the Bible together to reach its uniformity.

Overall, again, I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I have recommended several of my friends who are or want to become ministers to take this course. I feel that this course should continue as an important element of the Seminary curriculum. It will serve as a great asset for Christian as well as non-Christian students alike. Keep up the good work.

Thank you again for a great course and I look forward to taking a few more in the future.

Sincerely,

Rev. Roger Goerrich

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: