Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wiccan Studies

The Introduction to Wicca is a very interesting and well-written course. I took it because I had no prior background or knowledge in Wicca. From the very first lesson it was engaging and very thorough. It was very informative and insightful and the author used humor throughout to get his points across.

All of the tools used in Wicca were discussed in detail, the reasons why they are used, and how to set up your altar properly. Lord Starwalker gave a lot of background information which I found very helpful. It not only helped me understand the position of items on the altar, but helped me be much more creative with it because I had the sense I knew what I was doing!

Information was presented on all of the Wiccan holidays, what they are, the gods and goddesses involved, the history and symbolism, the wheel of the year, and the Sabbats and Esbats. There certainly are a lot of them to keep track of! It must be fun to have these celebrations all year long. It is interesting how many parallels there are between Wiccan and Christian holidays.

Another facet of Wicca is the use of energy. We hear so much today about energy medicine for healing. Energy is something that Wiccans have always known about and used for healing and for spells. Energy healing has been around for at least hundreds if not thousands of years.

Lord Starwalker is an excellent teacher and had a great sense of humor. I enjoyed and looked forward to each lesson. I am so glad I took this course because it gave me such a great perspective on this tradition. I wanted to know more about Wicca after taking this course and have bought a couple of interesting books to further my reading and knowledge.

Rev. Patricia Buben
*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: