Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

St Paul

This is my first experience studying anyone particular St. in depth. I found the course easy to follow and understand.

Taking the time to look up each of the Bible versus outlined in each lesson was a wonderful experience for me. As I reflected back on my growing up years the lessons read at Church each Sunday took on a new meaning to me. Of course at the time I was growing up we did not dig as deeply into any Bible Study as I have been doing lately. As I prepared Messages for our Sunday Worship Services during the last twenty weeks I was able to use the Lessons sent each week from ULC Seminary to have a clearer understanding of the Epistles and then relate them to those attending our Services. I look forward to being able to continue this process throughout the rest of this year.

After completing this course I now understood why in the first lesson you would write that Paul was the ‘chief of saints’. The life St. Paul led was one devoted to living out the teachings of Christ. If we could all follow this Christian experience what a better world we would live in.

Thank you for the last few lessons particularly on What is Sin? And What is Grace?
My prayer is that I will be able to use these lessons in helping our congregation understand these to important lessons as we move forward in our church development.

Lesson nineteen Life’s Big Question added the scripture for that perfect healthy diet, agricultural and economic policy. Thank you for those enlightening versus.

It would not be right not to comment on Lesson Twenty Spiritual Gifts. One of the requirements for an individual joining our congregation is that they complete a Spiritual Gifts Questionnaire. This questionnaire consists of 168 questions to determine what gifts an individual will bring to the congregation. This is a great help in getting a new person volunteering in the area that they are best suited for at that time.

I look forward to continuing my education through ULC Seminary,

Rev. Don Eck

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: