Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Masters of Religion

First let me say how much I enjoyed each lesson. Since this is the first course I have taken with ULC Seminary I am very much impressed with the program. I have looked forward each week to receiving a new lesson to read and study. Having been raised Catholic I found the lessons on Bible Basics, The Old and New Testaments to be very helpful since we never really studied in depth the Bible in any of my formal education.

The lesson on effective Bible Study has been very helpful when preparing my Sunday messages for our Worship Services each week. Having purchased a tab-register and gluing into my Bible has help speed up finding various parts as needed.

The lesson on Worship only confirmed that what I have started with our Church here in Salem, Oregon has been done correctly.

The next four lessons couldn’t have come at a better time as I was working with a couple on Marriage preparation and divorce issues. These lessons only supported what I had been telling this young couple and gave me great confidence in dealing with them. As it turned out I was able to find away to work with them to determine that a Christian Marriage could not be performed at this time. They were able to make that decision because of my taking this program and I am very happy that I chose this class as my first through ULC Seminary.

I found the lessons on the History of Christianity to be very informative. Actually to my surprise the second course I enrolled in was The Life of St. Paul and was timed perfectly to fit in with these lessons.

The lesson on Religious Denominations was very interesting and helped me in understanding; that when I say we are a Bible based Non-Denomination that we do not need to be affiliated with any named denomination. We are teaching and living the Bible.

I look forward to continuing my education with ULC Seminary.

Rev. Don Eck


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

No comments: