Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Shamanism Course

Master of Shamanism, Lesson 2  Response for the forum.
 
This has been a very interesting lesson because it has made me see that I do have Shamanic tendencies and already do some of the things mentioned in the lesson. I have been healing with touch for some time now and have told others that they need to find the part of themselves that is hidden but I never connected that with Shamanism. Here is a dream I had last night that I now know was a Shamanic journey. At the time my dish washer was on and was making a low whishing sound like it does each time. (A slow drone)
 
When I was in bed last night, drifting into a slumber, I was suddenly, standing beside 2 horses. They enclosed themselves around me and we walked a long distance with them taking turns letting me ride on each one's back. We went into a large valley and they pawed the ground and nudged me to the east. As I looked in the easterly direction, I saw a bear standing on his haunches and watching me with great intent. I didn't feel threatened, yet I could tell something important was about to happen. The bear and the horses turned their eyes to the north and as I followed their gazes, I saw a large cloud come over the horizon and begin to engulf all that it came in contact with. I still wasn't afraid and watched intently as vast areas of land began to disappear. About this time, a strong wind blew in my direction and the bear walked in the opposite direction, looking over his shoulder from time to time, as if trying to tell me it was time to leave. The horses guided me in the southerly direction and started walking, taking me with them. The wind grew stronger as we walked and dust began to swirl around us and I closed my eyes. When I opened them again, I was in bed and the fan on my bedside table was blowing in my face. It was so real, I could still feel the dust and had to get up and wash my face. My hair looked wind blown and I was very tired as if I had been on a long journey. I laid back down and slept deeply until morning.
 
I have experienced the feeling of ecstasy at the births of my children and felt their essences touching my soul.
 
I also experienced soul loss at the death of my husband, my brother and the physical and mental abuse on my by my mother. I now know that my soul was returned to me because I feel whole again.
 
My guardian has always been a horse of some form. For many years she appeared as a Unicorn and stopped coming. Last night is the first time in about 16 years that my guide has come to me and shone me glimpses of things that I believe are to come.
 
I have always been drawn to the World Tree, I just didn't know what it was nor the significance of it until now.
 
As I had said in the last lesson, my grandmother was a Shaman and taught me many things about Shamanism but never really called it that. Interesting--- She was teaching me Shamanism and I never knew it. Now I am seeing things more clearly and am understanding what she was telling me, so many years ago in my childhood.


*************************
Many people get ordained through the ULC as a means to become wedding officiants, but also to study through our online seminary. If you need minister supplies or online ceremonies, we have a wide selection to choose from, as well as a place for spiritual articles and spiritual bookmarks. Visit our FB Page at ULC Seminary.

No comments: