Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Wicca

Background and Insight about Wicca
A Final essay from Frank Orr

I took this course for the same reason that I will be taking further courses from the seminary: to gain a deeper insight into the way things are. I will probably never become an active practicing Wiccan, but I now know in a deeper understanding, what is happening. The course has helped me to better direct my actions and life. I think (or hope) I will be a better person. I have always been interested in the New Age or Pagan beliefs.I think that the old ways of life have more valid effects than the modern people give them credit for.

I want to gain more knowledge about the natural healing powers that herbs and aroma therapy introduce into the human existence. My wife and I live our life with complete respect of nature and the old ways. I am trying to gain knowledge in every phase of life. I am learning along with my wife American Sign Language. I support and learn from her Reiki practice. We do our fulfillment spells trying to better our existence. I found nothing disturbing in the course I just finished. Many of the rituals that were covered in the course were very detailed and time consuming but I found them to be very interesting and they will be very useful and helpful in my life when I will need a more calming influence in my life.

I will always have the course materials to reference in the future. I also took this course because I noticed the understanding and change in my wife when she practices the old religion and through her training in the art of Reiki, in which she is a master. I want to learn more so I may become a better person.




*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.


The Universal Life Church offers hand-fasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar