Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Wedding short stories

The following are wedding stories from Rev. Amy Long:

Here are a few stories from some of the weddings I've been to and some stories that have been sent my way.


"I've yet to see a bride or groom pass out, but twice I've seen ring bearers do it!"

"I performed one wedding in an ice rink. After the bride and groom skated away, I had to get one of the groomsmen to practically carry me off the ice."

"Once, I walked out on the grass to the ceremony site and had a number of guests and quite a few family members greet me warmly and tell me how good it was to see me. I couldn't figure out why, until I realized that I'd performed the wedding of the bride's sister about a year or so prior."

"At one indoor wedding, the groom was mopping his brow and complaining frequently and loudly about how hot it was in the house. (I was in black with a robe on and it was only a little warm) His hands shook during the ceremony, but he got through it okay. Afterwards he said, "Wow, someone must've turned on the air-conditioner. It sure got a lot cooler."

"I performed one wedding when I was nine months pregnant. The contractions were about 10 minutes apart, which was how long the ceremony happened to take. A guest in back was timing them for me. My son was born 48 hrs. later. Who would've thought the baby would come on time?"


I'm Amy with the Universal Life Church and it's Seminary. I've been a member of ULC for many years and my site has created a terrific ULC Forum. We are also members of the ULC Minister's Association and have the most extensive catalog of Universal Life Church materials.

No comments: