Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Wedding Stories

Facing away from the audience?
By Marilyn Tenney


I do have a comment and suggestion about performing a wedding: I recently attended a wedding in a small country church where the minister had the couple stand up on the first step at the front of the church facing the congregation, and the minister stood down below (with a cordless mic on her lapel). This way the couple were seen by all in attendance. It was very nice!

(note from Amy: I have done that a couple of times and it feels very weird to me to talk with my back to people. I usually just have the couple facing each other and talk through them, but I'd be interested to see how it works for others.)




*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.


The Universal Life Church offers hand-fasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel disconnected as well when facing away from the guests. I like to see them. After all, in my neck of the Mountains, people often travel a long way for the event. I play to the crowd as much as to the Couple.

B*B
Sally in Montana