Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Wedding Stories

Funny Couple
By Rev. Amy Long

I had a funny wedding this weekend.

As I waited for the groom and the best man to walk down the aisle, I was chatting with the bride at a distance. When it seemed enough time had passed, I walked down the aisle as well. When I got there, there was no groom or best man to be found.

I looked in the front row...and there they sat!

They looked like guests waiting for the main event.

I said, "Did you want to get married today?" He said yes, so I said, "Then get up here!" He did and everyone laughed, including the best man, who continued to sit in the front row. I said, "And you are the best man, right?" He nodded and I told him to get up with me too.

Then when the bride walked down the aisle, gave her dad a kiss and had the groom shake hands with her dad, she leaned in to kiss him!

I jumped in with a bit of waving and a, "Hey, hey now. You're not married yet!"

It was a crack-up! They were a very amused couple and had a great day.


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.


The Universal Life Church offers hand-fasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar