Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 06, 2005

Wiccan Studies

Good afternoon Amy,

To conclude the Master of Wiccan studies program, Lord Starwalker has asked that I write a page or so on what I have learned during this course, how it has affected my life and then send the assignment to you. To this end, I submit the following:

This course is presented in a very logical fashion and delivered in a format that makes it very easy to follow. It is an enjoyable learning experience. By sending the course in a weekly e-mail, it reminds you that you have a lesson to review so that you don't fall behind. The lessons don't take too much time to go through so, personally, I would go through them during my lunch break. That way, I could meditate on the lessons taught during my ride home in the evening.

Wicca, as a religion, as so many have said in recent times, is very misunderstood. This is mainly due to the entertainment industry. Although it's very entertaining to watch Satan and his demons get beat-up by
Catholic Priests, Vampire Slayers, and other assorted "heroes", we should always remember that these are based on a fundamental Christian belief in the Devil and Hell and have no connection to the Wiccan religion
whatsoever.

What I enjoyed most about this course is the way Lord Starwalker writes the lessons and presents the material. He is a great educator and comes across as a very friendly individual. I can only hope that he gets
involved in presenting other courses that the ULC Seminary will be offering in the future.

What this course has done for me is to make me think about things in a more spiritual way. I had been so caught-up in work that I had let my spiritual life shut down. My life had become mechanical. We must keep a
place in our lives for spirituality if we are going to feel fulfilled. For me, the best part of the Wiccan religion is that you can practice it in solitary at your leisure, and still feel a real connection to the universe and all the beings who dwell in it.

I highly recommend this course to all modern Christians and people of
all religios beliefs. It's a wonderful learning experience and opens
your eyes to an other belief system. Lord Starwalker and Amy Long are two
of the nicest people to deal with.

Amy I hope the above is satisfactory. I could have elaborated more but, I'm a very private person so there are some things I feel are too personal to share on a web site at this time.


Best regards

Robert Pelot





*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.


The Universal Life Church offers hand-fasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: