Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 02, 2005

A Course In Miracles

The Metaphysics of Becoming Your Own Miracle Worker

The Dr. of Metaphysics program has been an interesting and an enlightening experience. The program is well presented and easy to follow. It gives individuals a hands on approach that can be taken into every day life and used to transform not only themselves but those around them as well.

Having the program based on the “Course in Miracles” is and excellent idea. In doing so, it made the program suitable for people from all walks of life to be able to enjoy and accept the information presented, without becoming fearful that it would be taking them away from their God source.

I enjoyed Dr. Loretta M. Sinani’s meditation CD. I found it to be calming and peaceful every time I meditated. When I first started meditating with the CD my whole head felt tingly and warm as if in a healing session. It helped me to go into my day more relaxed and free to be present and calm with those I encountered.

In discourse seventeen “Miracles and Your Relationships”, I found it to be very thought provoking. For instance, the way we think about our partners being a projection of what we think about ourselves is very profound and I find it to be accurate. It would not have occurred to me to be so if it were not for an exercise I had the privilege of being apart of. The exercise involved releasing something, we were suffering over and I chose to release old relationships that I had been hanging on to for years.

At the beginning of the exercise, the facilitator instructed us to write about what was making us suffer and the circumstances surrounding the incident. Once finished, she directed us to find a partner and begin repeating aloud what we had written.

During the exercise, I became cognizant of what I was suffering over and that my relationships mirrored my fears about myself. Upon realizing this, my suffering completely disappeared.

Therefore, the statement “the way we think about our partner is a projection of what we think about ourselves,” is accurate.

By:
Brenda L. Bates



*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.


The Universal Life Church offers hand-fasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: