Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Ritual

I would like to express my sincere thanks for our instructor and the material presented throughout the course. I found it to be a great benefit to me, not only in bringing to light the purpose and practical function of ritual, items used, the deities and workings of elementals. I very much enjoyed the weekly challenges of stretching myself with theexercises given and finding that all helped to make sense of what I have intuitively done for most of my life.

I feel that this course helps put me in touch with deeper meanings to the "why's and wherefores" of the physical and spiritual that is all aroundus in our daily lives. It has helped to bring, with more confidence, my desire for a broader approach to my ministry and helps to reaffirm mytrust in "flying by the seat of my pants", as it where, when called upon to perform a pastoral service, be it a wedding, or baby naming. I ammore comfortable now with bringing in many elements to whatever I amcalled on to do. And with the knowledge imparted by the course, I have more to draw from than ever before, and with a clearer understanding ofwhy I would feel drawn to include certain stone, herbs, ect. My thanks again to Lord Starwalker for his wealth of knowledge and histime spent in preparing and sharing this material with us. I willrefer to it often, and practice much of it daily.

Bright Blessings,
Betty Taylor


My name is Rev. Amy Long and I've been a minister with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since its inception. I've been a member of ULC for many years and my site has created a terrific ULC Forum. We also have the most extensive catalog of Universal Life Church materials.