Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Master of Christian History

            The course Master of Christian History I found to be very enjoyable and informative the literature was readable and not at all boring as some texts can be. what I found to be a burden was not too have all the reading material in one go and possibly the questions only emailed weekly this may be due to being used to reading books in one go also my time constraints with my day job clashed this caused me to delay sending materials for a few days or not being concise in my answers this is just a few problems that I encountered along my way through Christian history.

            I found once I read the materials some answers where before my eyes while others had to be thought through I believe a reading list would have been of some help to broaden our answers and could even add a little spice to the writings of the students mine especially if all the courses where to be done like this with well written works i.e. lessons or notes I would gladly do several other courses not just in the history field but also in other beliefs or fields.

            Although I may have sounded as a critic in places one has to remember that this points are only my own that is to say I was educated a certain way and taught to study a certain way all have been in lecture theatres and never until know as a distance learner by email and at such a distance . I in turn found the forums in my mind to be a great idea this gave a new student ideas on how to write an essay and also and ways to answer the said questions this can also help prospective students decide on studying a certain field before going through with the said course.

            The most favourite part of the course would be Rome with its demise as this was an important turning point in all history, this was due to not republics being formed and ruled by dictators we instead have families appearing as hereditary rulers who are being brought into the Christian fold.

            To conclude I enjoyed the subject area and when I have some time print off my lecture notes to read again as I would have initially liked all in one this I will keep as a reference book perhaps it should or could eventually be published so as to be kept as a book or manual of sorts ,once again a great and enjoyable work even though I am biased as a reader of history this is not heavy in biblical works or history so as to scare a new student this is a work that can be done at a leisurely pace which would build the confidence of new and old students a like to the extent of wanting more . I like many other students of the seminary would like to eventually see the certificates or diplomas recognised by other institutions which would be a great building block on the path of life and life long learning and to assist employers with a recognised world wide diploma or other qualification especially as these are a special field in its own rights .

Rev. Andrew Longsden
 


No comments: