Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shamanism Course Essay


  I would love to start out with the dictionary telling me that a Shaman is a priest or medicine man or woman that has the belief that they can change or influence. Also noted that it is a religion based on spirits. OK!  That defines most religions and most people.  I saw a sign saying " I wonder why someone didn't do something about it, then I realized I was someone."

  Most  of my life I have had friends & strangers come to me and just start to tell me their problems. I wondered if I had Psychology stamped on my forehead.  So I let spirit lead me to become a Minister (through ULC). Then this is where I was confronted with men only are Ministers, Right! Then spirit guided me into studies on Master of Religion & diploma on  a Bible Course, then a Diploma in Psychology. I have been a Nurse since 1969, now working for over 10 yrs with the elderly. I am a Reiki 3 rd degree practitioner/master. Spirit has not led me to become a full  Master. My time is spread in other interests, to be a Master would require my full attention.  This last paragraph sums up to spirit guiding me & training me to be the Shaman I am today. Five years ago a Shaman friend dubbed me with the name "Crowbird", my power animal & spirit guide.

   I have made several type & bought numerous drums. In drumming I have entered  lucid states that I have talked to my spirit guides & visited others on another plain. In being a Shaman I find that I not only can I  help the sick but also have the knowledge to find lost things. I know what my husband is going to say before he says it. That gives him the goosebumps. I also have the gift of seeing others that have passed on. I guess like a move, " I see dead people". My grandmother had this gift & told me, when I was very young, that I also had the gift. I have aided many a soul to pass on.
  I understand that different cultures have different attitudes on what a Shaman can be or do. I understand that most people believe a Shaman is mostly Native American based. Doing the study course " Master Of Shamanism" I have learned about other culture practices. This is like a key opening new doors. Doors that have stood there for ages. Waiting on me to journey in. I have been drawn to Stonehenge & Sodona knowing that this is another energy point for me.

  I am able to do Out of Body & waiting to meet the Old Souls on another plain. With this study guide I am now able to do so.  I am also an Indigo Child, knowing that being a Shaman is in the plan for time of changes. I have become a Gate Keeper for United Christians for Israel. I can proudly say that when time of change happens I'll be able to guide all souls to their destination.

  All in all, I believe that this study is like putting the topping on the sundae. I know that being a Shaman is something that  has to be earned, can to be something inherited, can be a way of life helping for all the other puzzle pieces to fit as far as knowing where your life has been & knowing where you need to go. On my folder, where I keep my print outs on all 19 lessons, I have wrote, "God leads me down this path".  On Facebook I state that I am a Minister/Shaman.  AND PROUD TO SAY IT. I lived in the wilderness, 5 yrs., living off the land, raising all my own own food, vegetable & meat. This has  also prepared me for what is to come in the future.

  Now I look forward to meeting other Shamans/Ministers/Indigos.  I hope others reading this will take this course, it is going to be like a guide  & understanding to the future.
                                                                                                                                          Rev. Kathy Mostoller, Minister/Shaman
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: