Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Comparative Religion

Comparative Religion Essay
What I gained from the "Comparative Religion" course.

Being inspired was the main thing I learned and gained, there where many things I truly enjoyed in this course, the fact that it opened my eyes to a world I thought only to existed in books. I truly appreciated how this course touched on many religions and their beliefs and ways of thinking, how similar some religions are to each other, yet how different others are. I learned how important religion can be and is in many cultures, In fact something that fascinated me was learning a little bit more about prayer and meditation and to learn that the oldest prayer in the world was recorded in Egypt's "Book of the Dead" inspired me to run out and purchase the book.

Another thing that fascinated me about this course was learning about all the different religious titles, I had no idea there where so many.

One of my favorite parts of this course was lesson 2 "Ecumenicalism & Interfaith" learning the religious Observances and the symbols that followed, although knowing a few of them, I was so excited being able to learn so many more, I was really amazed so many existed.

I honestly cannot say that there was anything I didn't like about it this course, I had some troubles pronouncing some of the words, how ever I did find a handy helper on the internet to help me with that problem, it made my life a lot easier.

And beings that I'm interested in meditation I wish that the course would of covered a little bit more on that subject, however it did give me basics to help me start out, I'm not sure how you could really improve this course, you offer so much valuable information anything more might be an over kill.

I will be the first to admit, I've always been a "Believer" but have never been really into Religion, but after taking this course it has really opened my eyes to a lot of interesting information, I can't wait to take other courses on individual religions in the near future.

Eventually I would be interested in taking other courses from Rev. Kythera Ann. I think she did a wonderful job on this course!



Rev. Christine M. Lahnala-Brandau


*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: