Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Comparative Religion

Comparative Religion Course from ULC Seminary

I have learned many things from the lessons that were set forth in front of me. But by far the greatest lesson is that which one learns of one's own self. I, as well as others who take this course, have learned a great deal more about myself and of how the world is viewed by others throughout history. It is a great deal harder than one might think to remain unbiased and not become skewed when studying religious philosophy. Through my studies, on this course and independently, I have gained a greater understanding of the will and determination of belief systems in the world today as well as throughout history. As I sat and read each lesson, I found myself asking the fundamental questions that are spoken about. Such as; what is religion? Why do people believe what they do? And so on. A higher understanding has been achieved. The need for religion will always be here and for most it will lead them to a richer and fuller life. The unanswered questions of ones life will be sought out and they will perceive their surrounding in whatever way they choose. Had this been a course on comparative religion I might have had a great deal to argue about or say, but alas it is not.

My hope is that one day others will learn to have compassion and respect not just for each other, but for their beliefs as well. Albeit, it is human nature to argue truth and try to make others understand what one cannot fully comprehend themselves. I have faith in the human race. I foresee an acceptance and understanding coming in the future among all mankind.

I cannot argue to any point contained in the lessons nor can I relay what I have learned without sounding biased as I have not the gift of separation between what I believe and how speak. I am a secular humanist and often disregard what most have to say on the subject of religion, for they are biased as well as me. I have found this course enlightening and enjoyed all the lessons. I appreciate the great lengths of research you have gone through to bring all this great information to the masses in the way that you have presented it. I thank you for your efforts and time and bid you long life and happiness.



Jay S. Barry

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: