Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Course in Miracles

A Course In Miracles
A Course in Miracles
I have started this many times and find it hard to get started. So much was covered. To accept things as they are, to share what I see, my joys, my knowing we are all connected with each others is not an easy task.

I found at a very early age that no one seemed to care about what I thought. Throughout my life I was reminded that although I did good, I could have done better. A lifetime of this and being around negative people had put me in a state of insecurity. This was a long journey to correct. ACIM has reassured me that I am fine the way I am. I have much to share with others. My knowledge, my talents, my giving and my love.

I give thanks every day for all I have in a material nature, my friends, my family, nature itself, and my gift of healing. I also review my day to see if I was happy, angry, caring and hope that I did not worry.

Although I always felt everything happens for a reason so that I might have the opportunity to learn. I sometimes make the wrong choice. Both good and bad are necessary and without these lessons I would not been here in the now. I have many stories but I have let the past go. What I am trying to say is that I am already in the process of healing, forgiving myself allows me to forgive others. I have let go of the past for I need to live in the now.

One of my biggest problems was not doing the things I wanted because I didn't have enough money.This obsession is gone, bills get paid and I have everything and more such as travel (something I thought I would never get to do). AICM has shown me why this has happened. You write that addictions have power over us. This happens because of "a lack of". This I understand. In lesson you write that addictive substances are false gods. I don't see them as gods, only destructive in nature. I don't give them the status of gods. I have been blessed that I have no addiction to smoking, drinking, or drugs.Just as our ego has power over us which is destructive, the need to remember that asking for help will assist us to heal and help us find the answers we seek.

The next statement is not to be taken as arrogant. ACIM has taught me that it is all about me - my giving to others, my love of everything and everybody without judgment. Accepting that everything is as it should be is very peaceful.

Thank Loretta for her research and her writings. This will help me greatly in helping my clients. I am a Reiki Master.


Love & Light

Rev Diane L Orr



*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: