Seminary Program

This is where we post the essays from many of our Universal Life Church Seminary students. When students finish a ULC course, they write a comprehensive essay about their experiences with the course, what they learned, didn't learn, were inspired by, etc. Here are their essays.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Course in Miracles

Universal Life Church
May I Be an Instrument of Your Peace
Rev. Claire Morgan

I have studied spirituality and energy for many years. I am trained in many types of healing and energetic techniques. They work well, and I am content with how I am able to help my clients to heal themselves, and gain more peace and happiness in their lives. But there is not always ease and clarity when it comes to my own life, and I don’t always have someone like myself to turn to. When I read the lesson about how people don’t know how to use prayer, it truly changed my life.

We may know what we want, and we may think we know what is best, but how can a single mind know better than God? To wish for a specific outcome may not be ultimately in the best interest of all (or any) involved. And I have noticed that it is very easy to become myopic when looking at one’s own life and family. It was such a relief to read the words, “May I be an instrument of Your peace.” I can give up trying to figure out what is best or what is right, and I can relinquish control to a higher power.

Since the birth of my son 19 months ago, I have found it difficult to maintain the same type of relationship with my husband that we had before we were parents. I have struggled with ways to give my husband more attention, and to find the long lost spark. But I always ended up feeling like the relationship was yet another of my obligations. I just wanted to be alone, at peace. When I read the aforementioned lesson, though, things shifted. I began to say to myself, “May I be an instrument of Your peace in my relationship.” I slowly began to have more interest in spending time with my husband. I found more loving words for him. And he has responded in kind.

The beauty of a solution lies in its elegance and simplicity. Physicists will give much more weight to a theory that is simple rather than to one that is complex, even if the complex one seems, on the surface, to better explain the phenomenon. And Occam’s Razor tells us that the simplest solution is usually the correct one, to any problem.

Life has its ups and downs, and seems very complicated at times. Peace can be found anywhere, though, if you know you are on a path of love and gratitude. The best way I have found to do that, is by repeating the simple prayer, “May I be an instrument of Your peace.”

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more. I have been a proud member of the ULC for many years and the Seminary since its inception.

The Universal Life Church offers handfasting ceremonies, funeral ceremonies and free minister training.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge selection of Universal Life Church  minister supplies. Since being ordained with the Universal Life Church for so many years and it's Seminary since the beginning, I've watch the huge change and growth that has continued to happen.



Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: